Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A bad day

Status: Fire
I only just started this blog and wasn’t expecting a fire event for quite some time, but as always life serves to demolish expectations. The senior CPA at our office had a heart attack yesterday, and passed away this morning.  I’ve only worked with Bill for a couple years, but he’s the kind of person that you like and respect the hell out of as soon as you meet him. That’s a rare trait to have these days. He was a no-nonsense, no bullshit man who always said what he meant, and meant what he said. Everyone respected him, but he also gave everyone the proper respect in return.  I will miss his guidance and wisdom when it comes to everything tax and my lingering regret will be having not taken the time to get to know him better. I feel his death will alter the course of my life, though in what direction, I’m not sure.
R.I.P Bill, may your wisdom live on through those you've touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment