Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mars and Venus; what’s more to understand?

Status: Fluff
Once again another school term wraps up and the summer begins. My wife, Amy, has waited anxiously the last couple days for her grades to be posted.  As I indulged myself in a usually unhealthy snack yesterday, she walked out of the office looking just a bit frustrated. I asked if her grades were posted, and she responds “yes”, and states that she “did all right”. I go in and sit at the computer and quickly see that “alright” is three A’s and a B. If those had been my spring term grades, I would have thought them a bit better then alright.
It was not an unusual occurrence for me to be in the 3.00 – 3.40 range for spring terms. I was also much lazier (especially during spring terms) in school then she is. Even now that I’m older and more mature (well, sort of), I still think her conviction for what she’s doing still outweighs mine. Is it because she’s female? I don’t know, but it has been my general observation that women are harder workers than men.  Even the guys that were at the top of my class in college still seemed to rely more on natural talent rather than work ethic.
In sum, I want to congratulate Amy for being better at everything I’m good at. Except for board games, at which I’m still king, and no one is going to take that away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment