Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vacation #3

Status: Fluff

Disney Land

So I guess what they say is true, Disney Land truly is a magical kingdom. This was by far the best day of the trip. Alex had a blast here, and I had a lot more fun than I thought I would. It helped that a member of our party had a disability pass, and we barely had to wait in line for anything.  It was all a bit much for Alex to take in at first, and he was understandably scared. However, it only took one trip though the Tarzan’s tree house to ease fears.

From there we went on some adult rides, so Alex had to stay with grandma. To make up for the torture he must have endured, we went directly Toon Town.  He seemed to be in amazement the entire time, and got extremely excited when we visited Mickey Mouse. Mickey on the other hand was visibly less excited as Alex thought it was a fantastic idea to try and continuously put his hand in Mickey’s mouth. In the photo below, I was attempting to thwart one of these attempts.


As the day wore on, we tried to go on a couple more roller coasters; Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. I must have been on fire this week, because as soon as we walked up to Splash Mountain, everything broke down. Space Mountain fared a little bit better, as the ride didn’t break down till we were almost to the end. I guess now I know that my super power is causing roller coasters to malfunction. I’m waiting for the government to call on me at any time now. You never know when a terrorist will take over a roller coaster.

Finally, we had to go on “It’s a Small World”. I was definitely not looking forward to going on this ride, but as we went through it I was amazed to see how much Alex was enjoying it. Though he was mesmerized by many other rides, this was the only one that he was dancing to and pointing to all the different dolls. I was amazed at how engaged he was. This made the ride much more enjoyable for me.



All in all it was a very good time, and came at a solid A for me. My only regret is not having more time there. Oh well. Next time I’ll make sure I see everything in the magic kingdom. Oh, and last but not least, Alex almost hurled on the Tea Cups, Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment