Monday, July 4, 2011

Vacation

Status: Fluff

For the last week and half I’ve been on vacation. We went down to visit family in Murrieta CA, and while we were down there we visited Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, and Universal Studios in a four day stretch. I was going to post a blog posting after each day, but I had very limited internet access this week. This next week I will have multiple posts about each place, including today’s post which will be about Sea World.
Sea World

As we began sifting through the crowds into Sea World, my excitement level started to rise. You have to realize that this was my first out of state vacation, well, ever. My parents weren’t huge believers in family fun, so we didn’t really go on vacations. Due to this I was very excited, not only for me, but also for my 23 month old son, Alex. I felt that this was the start of special memories for him that I never had.  Unfortunately, the first thing we went to was a Shamu show, and things got off to a rocky start.

At first Alex seemed mesmerized by the whales, but then the splashing began. I should have known better than to sit down in a soak zone, but I thought it would be fun for all of us. Alex had other thoughts on the subject, and was very, very displeased when he was first splashed by the whales. He got very frightened, and we ended up having to leave the show early due to his anxiety level. A bad start, but luckily things went up from there.

The rest of the day was fun and uneventful until Amy and I decided to go on the Journey to Atlantis Roller Coaster. Alex had passed out, and Amy’s uncle agreed to stay with him while we went on the ride. This was my first roller Coaster, so I was pretty excited.  We finally got through the line, and boarded the ride. It started going up and got right to the point that it was about to drop. Suddenly the coaster shut down, after waiting at the top of the coaster for about 15 minutes, attendants finally made their way up to get us out of the coaster. Not exactly what I was expecting from my First Roller Coaster, but that’s how things go. (Pretty soon I’ll replace the picture below with one of us stuck on top of the coaster that Amy’s uncle took).

We ended the day with the Cirque de la Mer show, which was actually very entertaining, even for Alex. Amy Also took the following picture of the show for me that I can cherish forever.


She’s a very loving wife J
Overall Sea World was an A- for me. It had a good mix of rides and animals, and was very enjoyable for Alex.


No comments:

Post a Comment